SHMS Employee Assistance Program EAP Services is available to our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The service provides advice, support, and counseling to employees about any personal or work concerns. Our service is generally available regardless of location and the help-line is accessible nationally to subscribed clients.
We are currently looking for experienced Employee Assistance Affiliates to join our Team in all the sixteen (16) regions of Ghana. A high level of business and corporate understanding is essential to work in this fast-paced, priority-changing environment. The successful candidate will be engaging, pragmatic, have a good sense of self, and a strong team player. The successful candidate will be providing specialist Employee Assistance consultancy Face-to-face counseling on a daily basis using therapeutic interventions and consultancy skills.
The successful candidate should possess an excellent background in providing a range of consultancy support to managers and HR professionals at all levels. You will also clinically liaise with third-party providers.
CORE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Face to face counselling, in the moment support and crisis face to face management in a supportive, ethical and professional manner while maintaining client-confidentiality.
- Supporting employees of businesses who have contracts with us to provide psyche-social support, mostly by face to face. This will be done through support face to face interactions with the client, therapeutic assessments and delivery of contracted therapy sessions.
- Work with the individuals to determine the best therapeutic support and help navigate them to the right type of intervention. You will have the opportunity to work with a vast array of mild, moderate and severe clinical presentations, from stress, anxiety, depression through to attachment difficulties, substance abuse, trauma and personality disorders. Face to face.
- Deliver managerial consultancy, providing guaidance to managers who are experiencing distress around their role.
- Adhere to the ethical, therapeutic and legal standards, which govern service delivery, as well as policies, procedures and laws which apply to the organization and country as appropriate.
- Appropriately refer clients to external resources as part of our holistic approach.
- Maintain clear clinical and task -oriented documentation in case management system.
- Posses genuine listening skills and can provide short-term clinical interventions such as CBT, Motivational Interviewing and solution-focused techniques.
- Ability to work with clients presenting with substance abuse, situations of crisis, mental health symptoms and /or family/relationship-related concerns impacting personal or work performance.
- Develop clear and concise interventional plans for clients with various session models.
- Access clients thoroughly to ensure short-term counselling appropriate.
- Follow through with additional tasks as identified by the EAP Management Team. Culturally sensitive to our clients and flexible using a telephonic interpreter as needed.
- Keep accurate electronic records of activity and other performance indicators.
- Reacting positively and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree
- At least years post graduate experience.
- Current license / certification at the highest level.
- Experience undertaking assessments and/or using Psycho-social assessment tools.
- Training in mindfulness or solution-focused counseling as asset.
- Fluency in the local Ghanaian language is essential.
- Ability to routinely serve new clients withing three business days or immediately in the case of a critical incident.
- Willingness to facilitate training a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, with a focus on telephonic customer experience.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and investigative skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to acquire high level of efficiency in internal case management system.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, ability to multi task while maintaining a high level of quality and productivity.