EAP- Africa is a subsidiary of Supreme Healthcare Management Services (SHMS); a leading Global expert in providing Psycho-social support and wide range therapeutic interventions to corporate clients in supporting their health and wellbeing seeks to recruit the services of affiliates across Africa (Psychologists and Counsellors, Executive Coaches, Career Coaches, Wellness Coaches, Mentors, Legal and Financial Consultants).
Our work environment is dynamic; we depend on the professionalism, creativity and innovation of our Staff to deliver excellent EAP services within a corporate industry
SHMS Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Services is available to our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The service provides advice, support and counselling to employees about any personal, family and work-related concerns. Our service is generally available regardless of location and our Toll-free helpline is accessible 24/7 to subscribed clients
We are currently looking for experienced Employee Assistance Program Affiliates to join our Team from across the African continent and all the sixteen regions of Ghana. A high level of business and corporate understanding is essential to work in this fast paced, priority changing environment. The successful candidate will be engaging, pragmatic, have a good sense of self and a strong team player.
The successful candidate should possess an excellent background in providing a range of consultancy support to managers, HR professionals and employees at all levels.
CORE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide telephone, Face-to-face, on-line in-the-moment support and crisis management in a supportive, ethical and professional manner while maintaining client-confidentiality
- Supporting employees of businesses who have contracts with us to provide psycho-social support. This will be done through telephone, Face-to-face, on-line support interactions with the client, and therapeutic assessments with appropriate interventional plan.
- Work with individuals to determine the best therapeutic support and help navigate them to the right type of intervention. You will have the opportunity to work with a vast array of mild, moderate and severe presenting issues, from stress, anxiety, depression, change management, loss and bereavement, redundancy, substance abuse and trauma related issues, etc.
- Deliver managerial consultancy, providing guidance to managers who are experiencing challenges in relation to their roles and responsibilities.
- Adhere to the ethical, therapeutic and legal standards, which govern service delivery, as well as policies, procedures and laws, which apply to the organization and country, as appropriate.
- Maintain clear task-oriented documentation in case management system.
- Possess genuine listening skills and can provide short-term interventions such as CBT, Motivational Interviewing and solution-focused techniques.
- Ability to work with clients presenting with substance abuse, situations of crisis, mental health symptoms and/or family/relationship-related concerns impacting personal or work performance.
- Develop clear and concise interventional plans for clients with various session models.
- • Assess clients thoroughly to ensure short-term counselling is appropriate.
- Follow-through with additional tasks as identified by the EAP management team. Culturally sensitive to our clients and flexible using a telephonic interpreter as needed.
- Keep accurate electronic records of activity and other performance indicators.
- Reacting positively and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree.
- At least three years post-graduate experience.
- Current license/certification at the highest level.
- Experienced in assessments and/or using Psycho-social assessment tools.
- Training in mindfulness or solution-focused counselling is desirable.
- Fluency in local African/Ghanaian languages and dialects is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, with a focus on telephonic/virtual customer experience.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and investigative skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to demonstrate high level efficiency in case management system.
- Comfortable in a fast paced work environment, ability to multi task while maintaining a high level of quality and productivity.
Download the Form to View Full Details